Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary, Continued: Welsh Fairy Tales

As I continued into week 12 of my Mythology and Folklore class at the University of Oklahoma. I continued to read more from the British unit. As I did this, I decided to focus this blog on Welsh Fairy Tales. These Welsh Fairy-Tales and Other Stories were collected by Peter Emerson in Anglesea during the winter of 1891-1892.


Three Short Tales of Fairies: Here I learned about three very unique fairies and their lives. Fairies have always been very interesting to me and I was very eager to learn more about their origin. By reading these tales I was able to hear three very different stories which allowed me to have a greater understanding of the fairies. My favorite of the three stories was The Craig-Y-Don Blacksmith. I found it to be a very intriguing read that kept my attention the whole time. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to learn more about fairies.

Crows: I began reading this story with great caution. I really do not like birds at all. I especially dislike crows because I think they are very scary and they remind me of a scary movie. I just think they give off really bad vibes. As I imagined, this story was not happy at all. In fact, it was very sad and surrounded by death. However, it was written very well. I think that all of the detail really helped me sympathize with the crows. To my surprise I actually found the story quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment