Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 12 Reading Diary: Nursery Rhymes

During our 12 week on this class we were told to read from the British reading units. I decided to focus on Nursery Rhymes. I found these interesting because it allowed me to revisit my childhood, but it also gave me a brand new perspective, as well as broadening my horizons. The collection of stories I read are from The Nursery Rhyme Book by Andrew Lang with illustrations by L Leslie Brooke.

Charms and Lullabies: there were a wide variety of lullabies in this section. Many that I had heard before and some that I had not. The one in particular that I would like to focus on is “Hush a bye Baby.” I had always heard it as “Rock a bye Baby.” However, in this version there were many more verses to the story. The one I am familiar with stopped after the first verse. This story went on for quite some time and I found it very interesting to hear the rest of the story. It was like finally figuring out the ending after such a long time.


Tales: once again some of these stories were familiar and others were not. I really enjoyed two songs in particular. They were, The Man in the Moon and There was a Crooked Man. Both I had heard once but they were a little different. I think they are both really fun short stories. They are great for children and go a great job of rhyming. I think tales are interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment